Time is the most valuable and irreplaceable thing on this planet. We can get anything back except for time. Likewise, we can earn money that we have already spent, but we cannot relive the moments we lived before. We should always keep checking the time that we consume and the best way to keep a check is to have the best watch. As the world progresses in every field, having a simple watch is like a pizza with not enough toppings. In these times, having a smartwatch has become a need.
A smartwatch is many applications amalgamate into one. Nowadays, people use it because it is convenient to have all apps in one wristwatch. There is no time to keep all things separately with you, and many people often think that smartwatches are more convenient to use. The thing that makes smartwatches unique is that the whole world is confined to the man’s wrist. The feature of having all needed applications in one gadget is the one that makes it superior to all of the other electronic devices. You can get options that include running apps available on your phones, connecting music to your Bluetooth headphones, making calls, and the primary purpose of showing us the accurate time. It also includes some extra features and tools like a calculator, alarm, radio, and many more.
Importance of Smart Watches
Today, we live in a world where almost everything around us is technology-based and machine-controlled. The world has become a global village. Everything has been compressed to a smaller size to facilitate humans. Of course, that is the main reason for technology to ease human lives. Similarly, smartwatches’ use adds enormous value to the use of technology for alleviating man’s problems. People prefer smartwatches because they find it more considerate to recoup information from their wrists rather than tie up both hands with phones. Nowadays, life has become so hectic that having different gadgets for different purposes has added nothing but more chaos in the current hectic life. On the other hand, one device is easy to carry and saves people from additional stress.
Basic Features Every Smart Watch Should Offer
Smartwatches have come a long way since their first launch. Some leading brands that launch their smartwatches include Samsung, Apple, LG, and others. Smartwatches offer so many useful features if it is used timely and adequately. Some of the basic features that every smartwatch should offer are listed below:
- Smartwatches should have app stores of both google and apple that offer novel and interesting features.
- Smartwatches have a SIM slot in them, so they can be used to make calls and send messages. Thus it helps in making a connection with other people. But still, this feature is not present in most watches.
- The battery life of smartwatches should be long lasting. The only brand that offers a long battery life of 6-7 days is Pebble. Other brands only offer a battery life of 2 or 3 days.
- Today in the world of fashion, we need to keep up with the latest designs of watches. The smartwatch that has rectangular dials are trending these days. They look stylish and enhance one’s personality. However, only a few of the watches have these designs.
- The infrared sensors feature is not much in demand, but still, it eases one’s life. You do not need to find a remote control for the TV or AC. Thus this feature helps you to control other gadgets only through your wrist.
- Few smartwatches recently launched have the feature of tracking your heart rate, ECG, oxygen level, sinus rhythm, and stress tracking. But if you don’t need this feature, then you can go for the one that is lower in price.
Some Top Models of Smart Watches
- Apple watch series 6
- Apple Watch SE
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
- Fitbit Sense
- Samsung Galaxy Watch active 2
- Garmin Venu
- Amazfit Bip S
- Realme Watch
- Huawei Watch GT 2E
- Amazfit Neo
Some people think that smartwatches are a wastage of money, but this point will bust this myth by telling you some unique and cool pros of having a smartwatch. If you are the one who is thinking of buying a smartwatch, then these points will tell you about the advantages and the next one will tell you about the disadvantages and will help you to make a decision. So we can sum up some fantastic benefits of these watches in the following points:
- It tells you about time and helps you to end the desire to have a smartphone as it has all the features of smartphones.
- If you have a smartwatch on your wrist, there are almost none chances that you will stray from your path. They have a feature of navigation and thus take you to your destination without any hindrance. Therefore we can say a smartwatch is a travel buddy.
- The most helpful feature of smartwatches is the “Find Phone” feature. If you cannot find your phone, connect your watch to your phone, and then you can ring your phone any time you wish.
- It can help you remain fit and healthy as it is a replacement for the “Pedometer” app. You can count your steps with it and find out how many calories are burned.
- You are always notified of any new updates that you receive on social media platforms like Facebook, WhatsApp, or Snapchat.
- It helps you to connect with people more than a smartphone.
- You can sometimes connect to social media around the clock through your watch, resulting in a loss of your time and can distract your attention.
- Smartwatches are mostly expensive. So if you are saving to buy something, then avoid buying it.
- It is not that easy to make phone calls with smartwatches. Plus, not every single watch gives that facility. If you need that one, then you should buy the latest and expensive model.
History of Smart Watches
In the 1970s, some companies like Casio, Pulsar, and Seiko added some features to watches like digits or calculators to make calculations. In 1999 the first smartwatch could record 30-second audio. They even have some games on them to entertain a man in those times. But these models have some ancient features. With passing time, smartwatches also progressed, and the latest ones that we have today contain almost all computer features. We have the whole smartphone compressed into a tiny wristwatch. The famous brands that offer smartwatches these days include Apple, Samsung, LG, Pebble, etc.